POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old fart? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:29:44 EDT (-0400)
  Old fart? (Message 78 to 87 of 117)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Old fart?
Date: 19 Apr 2011 18:22:08
Message: <4dae0b10$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 22:18:49 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> On 19/04/2011 10:11 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 21:31:20 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>
>>> I remember reading about a memory of library stuff who saw somebody
>>> using Telnet. She screamed "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE HACKING OUR
>>> COMPUTERS!!!" and turned the computer off at the wall. The guy tried
>>> to explain what he was actually doing, but she wouldn't have it.
>>>
>>> Apparently there are a lot of stupid people...
>>
>> There are a lot of uneducated people, certainly.
>
> Being uneducated is one thing. Assuming that you know what you're
> talking about when you don't is another.

That's a fair point - and something everyone should keep in mind when
making unsupportable declarations. ;)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Apr 2011 18:22:23
Message: <4dae0b1f@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 22:19:16 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Man, I hope the ratings are *awesome*! :-D
>>
>> You bet, but you need to do better with the product placement. :)
>
> OMG, you guys know where I place my products?! o_O

LOL

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Apr 2011 18:23:06
Message: <4dae0b4a@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:31:42 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> On 4/19/2011 14:07, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I don't see that that matters - they document that it's informational
>> and nothing to worry about.
>

> *And* they tell you what it means, so it's trivial to confirm that it's
> nothing to worry about.

Yep.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 19 Apr 2011 18:44:06
Message: <4dae1036@news.povray.org>
Le 2011/04/19 11:46, Darren New a écrit :
> On 4/19/2011 2:45, Invisible wrote:
>> I don't personally know of anybody who actually sent a cheque
>
> AFAIK, I'm the only person in the entire world that ever paid for WinZip.

I did pay for PK Zip, then found free alternatives that both zipped
beter (faster and beter compression), and supported many formats beside ZIP.

Post a reply to this message