POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A kind of revolution is happening in the United States Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  A kind of revolution is happening in the United States (Message 373 to 382 of 452)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: A kind of revolution is happening in the United States
Date: 25 Apr 2011 12:10:53
Message: <4db59d0d$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/25/2011 9:08, Darren New wrote:
> On 4/25/2011 4:03, andrel wrote:
>> - I don't see how I can base any ethics/morality on the existence of a God.
>
> I think if the god in question has scientifically-backed evidence, it's
> unlikely to be a god that has anything to do with human ethics or morality.
>
> I.e., I'd agree with you with the god of the bible, but I can't imagine what
> form scientific evidence in support of that god might be.

And by "scientific evidence" I'm implying evidence that doesn't contradict
all existing scientific evidence, in the same way that a new Grand Unified
Theory has to actually come up with answers significantly close to General
Relativity and Quantum Mechanics to be taken seriously.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message