POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A kind of revolution is happening in the United States Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  A kind of revolution is happening in the United States (Message 293 to 302 of 452)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: A kind of revolution is happening in the United States
Date: 21 Apr 2011 19:16:33
Message: <4db0bad1@news.povray.org>
On 4/21/2011 15:46, andrel wrote:
> In it's purest form ID does not give an explanation what did happen if it
> wasn't evolution.

Then why is it called "intelligent design" if in its purest form it's not
hypothesizing intelligent design?

> point in defending that ID in the form stated above

I disagree that ID is "some things didn't evolve." That's backing off so far
that one is simply searching hopelessly for anything that's non-disprovable.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like

Post a reply to this message

>> In it's purest form ID does not give an explanation what did happen if it
>> wasn't evolution.
>
> Then why is it called "intelligent design" if in its purest form it's
> not hypothesizing intelligent design?
>
>> point in defending that ID in the form stated above
>
> I disagree that ID is "some things didn't evolve." That's backing off so
> far that one is simply searching hopelessly for anything that's
> non-disprovable.

No, just to the point where it is in principle provable, but in practice
not. If it is non-disprovable it is not science anymore. So you cannot
cross that line.

--
Apparently you can afford your own dictator for less than 10 cents per
citizen per day.

Post a reply to this message

>>> In it's purest form ID does not give an explanation what did happen if it
>>> wasn't evolution.
>>
>> Then why is it called "intelligent design" if in its purest form it's
>> not hypothesizing intelligent design?
>>
>>> point in defending that ID in the form stated above
>>
>> I disagree that ID is "some things didn't evolve." That's backing off so
>> far that one is simply searching hopelessly for anything that's
>> non-disprovable.
>
> No, just to the point where it is in principle provable, but in practice
> not.

But nobody has even come up with an idea of how you would show a protein
could not have evolved. "Irreducible complexity" doesn't show a protein
could not have evolved. So how would you recognize such a protein?