POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If I could draw... Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  If I could draw... (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: If I could draw...
Date: 10 Oct 2009 16:22:03
Message: <4ad0eceb$1@news.povray.org>
...then I'd probably draw stuff like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everaldo_Coelho

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: If I could draw...
Date: 12 Oct 2009 15:33:38
Message: <4ad38492$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/10/2009 3:22 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> ...then I'd probably draw stuff like this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everaldo_Coelho

Nice. Very clean look, and a bit glossy, too.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: SharkD
Date: 12 Oct 2009 23:40:44
Message: <4ad3f6bc@news.povray.org>
On 10/10/2009 4:22 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> ...then I'd probably draw stuff like this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everaldo_Coelho

I like how recent website design is moving away from the "bubble" iMac
look to something that slick but also functional. (Wordpress stuff is a
good example I guess).

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Nice. Very clean look, and a bit glossy, too.

I have literally no idea how to get that glossy look. Even with POV-Ray,
which can do real reflection, I can't find a way to make surfaces look
reflective...

Post a reply to this message

>> Nice. Very clean look, and a bit glossy, too.
>
> I have literally no idea how to get that glossy look. Even with POV-Ray,
> which can do real reflection, I can't find a way to make surfaces look
> reflective...

Being reflective doesn't change the result. You also need objects to appear
in the reflection!

Post a reply to this message

>> I have literally no idea how to get that glossy look. Even with POV-Ray,
>> which can do real reflection, I can't find a way to make surfaces look
>> reflective...
>
> Being reflective doesn't change the result. You also need objects to appear
> in the reflection!

Well yeah, obviously. However, I can't find a suitable object to produce
interesting reflections. :-(

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Well yeah, obviously. However, I can't find a suitable object to produce
> interesting reflections. :-(

Try anything glassy.

-Aero

Post a reply to this message

> Well yeah, obviously. However, I can't find a suitable object to produce
> interesting reflections. :-(

hdri? :)