POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not the slightest clue how to implement, but neat idea ... Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Not the slightest clue how to implement, but neat idea ... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Not the slightest clue how to implement, but neat idea ...
Date: 1 Sep 2009 13:55:57
Message: <4a9d602d$1@news.povray.org>
I have a neat idea ..

Given some sort of structure formula, simulate the growth of a crystal
from one or several seed points.

But I have no clue how to implement it.

(Inspired by the crystalline carapace on my Lithma creature) Would be
cool to like, render geodes and such in POV-Ray.
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Given some sort of structure formula, simulate the growth of a crystal
> from one or several seed points.

  You mean like this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iterated_function_system

--