POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Healthcare (Message 1 to 10 of 150)
From: Chambers
Subject: Healthcare
Date: 25 Aug 2009 23:16:49
Message: <4a94a921$1@news.povray.org>
Now that it's being socialized in the US, does that mean that I'll get a
raise since my company won't have to pay my premiums anymore? :)

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Healthcare
Date: 25 Aug 2009 23:46:00
Message: <4a94aff8@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 20:16:43 -0700, Chambers wrote:

> Now that it's being socialized in the US, does that mean that I'll get a
> raise since my company won't have to pay my premiums anymore? :)

No, because the private insurance option still exists - so you'd have to
opt out of it in order to not have to pay the premiums.

But it's not being "socialized" in any event, at least, not any more than
it already is. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 20:16:43 -0700, Chambers wrote:
>
>> Now that it's being socialized in the US, does that mean that I'll get a
>> raise since my company won't have to pay my premiums anymore? :)
>
> No, because the private insurance option still exists - so you'd have to
> opt out of it in order to not have to pay the premiums.

Or your company could "opt out" of paying private healthcare premiums as
part of your compensation. But why would they do that?

  -Shay

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:03:19 -0500, Shay wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 20:16:43 -0700, Chambers wrote:
>>
>>> Now that it's being socialized in the US, does that mean that I'll get
>>> a raise since my company won't have to pay my premiums anymore? :)
>>
>> No, because the private insurance option still exists - so you'd have
>> to opt out of it in order to not have to pay the premiums.
>
> Or your company could "opt out" of paying private healthcare premiums as
> part of your compensation. But why would they do that?

Sure, they could do that, but if enough employees wanted it and walked as
a result, that might not be a good thing for the employer.

Employees still have power.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

Andrel and I were wondering if you were still working offshore. Are you?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Now that it's being socialized in the US, does that mean that I'll get a
> raise since my company won't have to pay my premiums anymore? :)
>
> ...Chambers

I didn't catch the news this week. Did the legislation pass?

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> Now that it's being socialized in the US, does that mean that I'll get
>> a raise since my company won't have to pay my premiums anymore? :)
>>
>> ...Chambers
>
> I didn't catch the news this week. Did the legislation pass?
>
> -Mike

It hasn't been brought to vote yet, and this was only intended as a joke ;)

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message