POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Next year Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Next year (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Next year
Date: 19 May 2009 15:38:13
Message: <4a130aa5$1@news.povray.org>
>> PS. I should probably get a hobby or something...
>
> Don't look now, but that *is* a hobby. ;-)

Yeah. Shame it's not one that chicks dig.

(I told my waitress, and she seemed really interested that I play music
- until I told her what I play.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 May 2009 15:40:36
Message: <4a130b34$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 19 May 2009 20:38:22 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> PS. I should probably get a hobby or something...
>>
>> Don't look now, but that *is* a hobby. ;-)
>
> Yeah. Shame it's not one that chicks dig.
>
> (I told my waitress, and she seemed really interested that I play music
> - until I told her what I play.)

Some chicks dig it - my brother plays keyboard instruments as well
(including organ) - his minor was in music performance.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>>> Don't look now, but that *is* a hobby. ;-)
>> Yeah. Shame it's not one that chicks dig.
>>
>> (I told my waitress, and she seemed really interested that I play music
>> - until I told her what I play.)
>
> Some chicks dig it - my brother plays keyboard instruments as well
> (including organ) - his minor was in music performance.

Yeah. And, hypothetically, some chicks dig Runge-Kutta too. Pretty rare
though...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Tue, 19 May 2009 20:43:49 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>> Some chicks dig it - my brother plays keyboard instruments as well
>> (including organ) - his minor was in music performance.
>
> Yeah. And, hypothetically, some chicks dig Runge-Kutta too. Pretty rare
> though...

Just depends on if you find the ones who do or not. :-)

(No idea what Runge-Kutta is, either)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>>> Some chicks dig it - my brother plays keyboard instruments as well
>>> (including organ) - his minor was in music performance.
>> Yeah. And, hypothetically, some chicks dig Runge-Kutta too. Pretty rare
>> though...
>
> Just depends on if you find the ones who do or not. :-)

Heh. Well the rarer they are, the less likely I am to find one,
statistically speaking.

> (No idea what Runge-Kutta is, either)

It know - but it sounds way-dirty, eh? ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Tue, 19 May 2009 20:52:49 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Yeah. And, hypothetically, some chicks dig Runge-Kutta too. Pretty
>>> rare though...
>>
>> Just depends on if you find the ones who do or not. :-)
>
> Heh. Well the rarer they are, the less likely I am to find one,
> statistically speaking.

Depends on the circles. :-)

>> (No idea what Runge-Kutta is, either)
>
> It know - but it sounds way-dirty, eh? ;-)

Or like a martial art. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>>> PS. I should probably get a hobby or something...
>>
>> Don't look now, but that *is* a hobby. ;-)
>
> Yeah. Shame it's not one that chicks dig.
>
> (I told my waitress, and she seemed really interested that I play music

*your* waitress?

> - until I told her what I play.)

That might change if you broaden yourself to include some Doors, Procul
Harum or other organ pop music.

Post a reply to this message

> (I told my waitress, and she seemed really interested that I play music
> - until I told her what I play.)

Yeah. I can see a bit of disinterest in a guy who says is hobby is playing
with his organ.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> > (I told my waitress, and she seemed really interested that I play music
> > - until I told her what I play.)

> Yeah. I can see a bit of disinterest in a guy who says is hobby is playing
> with his organ.

  Better use a more technical term, like "keyboard" or "synthesizer"... :P

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message