POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yesterday Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:13:03 EDT (-0400)
  Yesterday (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Yesterday
Date: 29 Mar 2012 05:56:11
Message: <4f7431bb$1@news.povray.org>
Yesterday was an important day. On that day, 71 years ago, the fissile
properties of plutonium were first discovered. And 39 years after that,
I was born.

Yes, it's official. My age is now a 6-bit number. :-/

(But only when measured in proper time as a multiple of the Earth's
sidereal period...)

Post a reply to this message

On 29-3-2012 11:56, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Yesterday was an important day. On that day, 71 years ago, the fissile
> properties of plutonium were first discovered. And 39 years after that,
> I was born.

I knew that. See the scale invariance thread ;)

--
tip: do not run in an unknown place when it is too dark to see the
floor, unless you prefer to not use uppercase.

Post a reply to this message

> Yesterday was an important day. On that day, 71 years ago, the fissile
> properties of plutonium were first discovered. And 39 years after that,
> I was born.

You're luckier than I am.  39 years before I was born, a bunch of
Japanes pilots crashed their planes on American warships in Hawaii.

Am 29.03.2012 13:42, schrieb Francois Labreque:

> You're luckier than I am. 39 years before I was born, a bunch of Japanes
> pilots crashed their planes on American warships in Hawaii.

It's news to me that the Japanese had resorted to Kamikaze strikes while
still anywhere near Hawaii.

Post a reply to this message

> Yesterday was an important day. On that day, 71 years ago, the fissile
> properties of plutonium were first discovered. And 39 years after that,
> I was born.
>
> Yes, it's official. My age is now a 6-bit number. :-/
>
> (But only when measured in proper time as a multiple of the Earth's
> sidereal period...)

In a short time, my age will be a 4 bit number, rolled left twice,
unfortunately.

Post a reply to this message

On 3/29/2012 2:56, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Yesterday was an important day. On that day, 71 years ago, the fissile
> properties of plutonium were first discovered. And 39 years after that, I
> was born.

Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of
radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"

Post a reply to this message

On 30/03/2012 09:18 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of
> radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity.

Required XKCD quotation: http://xkcd.com/896/

The last line is a gem.