POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Karaoke story Server Time
29 Sep 2024 19:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Karaoke story (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Karaoke story
Date: 3 Feb 2009 00:58:48
Message: <4987dd18$1@news.povray.org>
Last night some friends and I went to a karaoke bar, not really
intending to sing but mostly just because it was the closest bar.  We
got there just as they were starting up for karaoke, and the first song
was a duet performed by a pair a guys which simply nailed it.

We were impressed, but more amazing that that person after person would
get on stage and give a knock-out performance.  At first we figured that
it was some sort of karaoke club or a competition, but after some
absolutely flooring performances by multiple different people it became
clear that no way this could begin to explain the talent of the singers.

Many of the karaoke performances were, quite literally, better sung than
the originals.  It felt like we had front-row seats at a concert, and I
honestly would have paid a decent sum of money for it.  Anyway, it turns
out that we had inadvertently walked into a cast party for the Lion King
musical, which explains quite a lot.

Post a reply to this message

> Many of the karaoke performances were, quite literally, better sung than
> the originals.  It felt like we had front-row seats at a concert, and I
> honestly would have paid a decent sum of money for it.  Anyway, it turns
> out that we had inadvertently walked into a cast party for the Lion King
> musical, which explains quite a lot.

A karaoke night for professional singers?

Isn't that kinda like a bunch of professional chefs deciding to have a
bakeoff??

Post a reply to this message

> A karaoke night for professional singers?
>
> Isn't that kinda like a bunch of professional chefs deciding to have a
> bakeoff??

I suppose so, only there was more alcohol involved at the karaoke.