POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Woo, GPU! Server Time
30 Sep 2024 01:15:21 EDT (-0400)
  Woo, GPU! (Message 62 to 71 of 71)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Woo, mass breakage
Date: 30 Jan 2009 14:42:20
Message: <4983581c@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Yes. Actually I already did this from KNOPPIX. Just marking the
> partition as "bootable" seemed to be enough to get me to the "CAN'T FIND
> NTLDR" message. But I found the corresponding commands (it *is* fixmbr
> and fixboot BTW) in the Recovery Console also.

OK. If you got that far, all you need to do is copy boot.ini, ntldr, and the
ohter one whose name I forget offhand, and you should be good. (I'm not 100%
sure you need boot.ini if you put windows in the obvious place, either.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"

Post a reply to this message

>> Yes. Actually I already did this from KNOPPIX. Just marking the
>> partition as "bootable" seemed to be enough to get me to the "CAN'T
>> FIND NTLDR" message. But I found the corresponding commands (it *is*
>> fixmbr and fixboot BTW) in the Recovery Console also.
>
> OK. If you got that far, all you need to do is copy boot.ini, ntldr, and
> the ohter one whose name I forget offhand, and you should be good. (I'm
> not 100% sure you need boot.ini if you put windows in the obvious place,
> either.)

NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM - and no, you apparently don't need BOOT.INI (see
my other post). And there's nowhere to "copy" BOOT.INI from. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/