POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) Server Time
29 Sep 2024 19:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg)
Date: 28 Jan 2009 04:46:59
Message: <49802993$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/26/2009 8:42 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:03:14 -0800, stbenge wrote:
>
>> I run a lot of tests over here, though very few ever make it to the
>> public. I figured this image was worth posting, even if it is
>> unfinished.
>
> It brings to mind one of the episodes of CBS Radio Mystery Theater that I
> listened to earlier today - entitled "Escape!  Escape!".
>
> The upshot was some escaped convicts ended up being shrunk down to ant-
> size and placed in a terrarium.
>
> Jim

Is that the same series that had the woman applying for a private
nursing position, and finds out the man has been killing everyone who
applied?

They also had one with growth hormone experiments resulting in giant
worms that killed everyone :)

...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 01:46:51 -0800, Chambers wrote:

> On 1/26/2009 8:42 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:03:14 -0800, stbenge wrote:
>>
>>> I run a lot of tests over here, though very few ever make it to the
>>> public. I figured this image was worth posting, even if it is
>>> unfinished.
>>
>> It brings to mind one of the episodes of CBS Radio Mystery Theater that
>> I listened to earlier today - entitled "Escape!  Escape!".
>>
>> The upshot was some escaped convicts ended up being shrunk down to ant-
>> size and placed in a terrarium.
>>
>> Jim
>
> Is that the same series that had the woman applying for a private
> nursing position, and finds out the man has been killing everyone who
> applied?

Very possibly, there were lots of stories written just for the show by a
handful of writers, along with many adaptations of well-known stories
(Jekyll & Hyde, for example).

> They also had one with growth hormone experiments resulting in giant
> worms that killed everyone :)

LOL.  Some of the ideas were out there.  There was one recently where
trained rats were used as a murder weapon.  Except that it went wrong.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> LOL.  Some of the ideas were out there.  There was one recently where
> trained rats were used as a murder weapon.  Except that it went wrong.

I always liked the idea of the homeopath killer. Dilute some penicillin
10^100 times, then pour it in someone's drink. Three days later, he's dead
of random untreatable infections, and nobody can tell where they came from.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:36:54 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> LOL.  Some of the ideas were out there.  There was one recently where
>> trained rats were used as a murder weapon.  Except that it went wrong.
>
> I always liked the idea of the homeopath killer. Dilute some penicillin
> 10^100 times, then pour it in someone's drink. Three days later, he's
> dead of random untreatable infections, and nobody can tell where they
> came from.

I wonder if there's an episode with that premise.  With as many as there
are, I wouldn't be surprised. :-)

But it could take me 9 years to listen to them all at the rate I'm going
(1-3 a day once every couple of weeks).  Actually, at that rate, it could
take much longer. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> I always liked the idea of the homeopath killer. Dilute some penicillin
> 10^100 times, then pour it in someone's drink. Three days later, he's
> dead of random untreatable infections, and nobody can tell where they
> came from.

WTH?!  I thought penicilin would cure! :P

Post a reply to this message

>> I always liked the idea of the homeopath killer. Dilute some
>> penicillin 10^100 times, then pour it in someone's drink. Three days
>> later, he's dead of random untreatable infections, and nobody can tell
>> where they came from.
>
> WTH?!  I thought penicilin would cure! :P

Yes, if you believe this psuedoscience, highly dilute penicilin would
act as an extremely potent antibiotic - which would have no real
detectable effects at all. (Other than a 30% reduction in your ability
to digest certain nutriants...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/