POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking? Server Time
30 Sep 2024 09:14:08 EDT (-0400)
  So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking? (Message 21 to 21 of 21)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking?
Date: 5 Jan 2009 14:16:20
Message: <49625c84$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>
>> It's kind of hard to say how smart the floaty things are that shoot
>> yellow balls at you. The headcrabs are smart enough to do brain
>> surgery on you. ;-)
>
> That doesn't require intelligence, only Intelligent Design - er, I mean,
> Evolution. ;-)

Right. I didn't say it does. Only that it's hard to tell whether they're
intelligent or not. Lamar seems to show that the headcrabs are at least
marginally intelligent.

> Many other real-world parasites perform slightly scary feats of surgury
> and genetic engineering to complete their lifecycle...

And then there's the retrovirus. And the retrovirus that attacks other
retroviruses. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?