POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland invades Englang Server Time
30 Sep 2024 15:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Switzerland invades Englang (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: m a r c
Subject: Switzerland invades Englang
Date: 26 Sep 2008 08:29:04
Message: <48dcd590@news.povray.org>
Jetman just crossed the Channel from Calais to Dover  at 200km/h
no videoyet  available but
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1l2ul_jet-man-yves-rossi-le-nouvel-icare_extreme
Congrats Yves Rossi !

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Xavier Manget
Subject: Re: Switzerland invades Englang
Date: 26 Sep 2008 19:01:09
Message: <48dd69b5$1@news.povray.org>

48dcd590@news.povray.org...
> Jetman just crossed the Channel from Calais to Dover  at 200km/h
> no videoyet  available but
> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1l2ul_jet-man-yves-rossi-le-nouvel-icare_extreme
> Congrats Yves Rossi !
>
> Marc

This guy probably didn't trust the Eurostar too much...

Xavier

Post a reply to this message

From: m a r c
Date: 27 Sep 2008 02:35:47
Message: <48ddd443@news.povray.org>

de news: 48dd69b5$1@news.povray.org...

> news: 48dcd590@news.povray.org...
>> Jetman just crossed the Channel from Calais to Dover  at 200km/h
>> no videoyet  available but
>> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1l2ul_jet-man-yves-rossi-le-nouvel-icare_extreme
>> Congrats Yves Rossi !
>>
>> Marc
>>

> This guy probably didn't trust the Eurostar too much...
>
> Xavier
Oh maybe but he still needs a parachute to land due to the size of his
bollocks. :-)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 27 Sep 2008 05:01:54
Message: <48ddf682@news.povray.org>
What is Englang?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: m a r c
Date: 27 Sep 2008 07:23:03
Message: <48de1797$1@news.povray.org>

48ddf682@news.povray.org...
>  What is Englang?

An islang between Netherlang and Irelang
(about 1500 km southwest  from Finlang  ;-)

Marc (stubborn me?)

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 27 Sep 2008 07:36:05
Message: <48de1aa5@news.povray.org>
m_a_r_c wrote:

> 48ddf682@news.povray.org...
>>  What is Englang?
>>
> An islang between Netherlang and Irelang
> (about 1500 km southwest  from Finlang  ;-)
>
> Marc (stubborn me?)

Not quite right, but close.
Should be:Part of an islang (along with Scotlang and Waleg) between
Netherlang and Irelang (about 1500 km southwest  from Finlang  ;-)
:-D

John

--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 27 Sep 2008 07:50:45
Message: <48de1e15@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
> Not quite right, but close.
> Should be:Part of an islang (along with Scotlang and Waleg) between
> Netherlang and Irelang (about 1500 km southwest  from Finlang  ;-)
> :-D

  What's the difference between English and British?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 27 Sep 2008 07:55:18
Message: <48de1f26@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
>> Not quite right, but close.
>> Should be:Part of an islang (along with Scotlang and Waleg) between
>> Netherlang and Irelang (about 1500 km southwest  from Finlang  ;-)
>> :-D
>
>   What's the difference between English and British?

I am English and therefore British
Stephen is Scottish and therefore also British

England, Scotland, Wales and (arguably) Northern Ireland are part of
Great Britain and their inhabitants are British as well as having their
own native nationality (English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish)

John

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 27 Sep 2008 07:57:07
Message: <48de1f93$1@news.povray.org>
>>   What's the difference between English and British?
>>
> I am English and therefore British
> Stephen is Scottish and therefore also British
>
> England, Scotland, Wales and (arguably) Northern Ireland are part of
> Great Britain and their inhabitants are British as well as having their
> own native nationality (English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish)

Somebody draw a Venn diagram!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Warp
Date: 27 Sep 2008 07:59:59
Message: <48de203f@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> > Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
> >> Not quite right, but close.
> >> Should be:Part of an islang (along with Scotlang and Waleg) between
> >> Netherlang and Irelang (about 1500 km southwest  from Finlang  ;-)
> >> :-D
> >
> >   What's the difference between English and British?
> >
> I am English and therefore British
> Stephen is Scottish and therefore also British

> England, Scotland, Wales and (arguably) Northern Ireland are part of
> Great Britain and their inhabitants are British as well as having their
> own native nationality (English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish)

  I was expecting a humoristic answer, in par with the tone of this thread.

  OTOH, some might argue that your answer *is* humoristic...

--
                                                          - Warp