POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The USPTO has no concept of prior art Server Time
30 Sep 2024 17:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  The USPTO has no concept of prior art (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Warp
Subject: The USPTO has no concept of prior art
Date: 25 Aug 2008 15:14:08
Message: <48b30480@news.povray.org>
... and neither the concept of "too trivial to patent".

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7415666.html

  What makes this patent ludicrous is that it patents exactly what the
page up and page down buttons were created for in the first place.

  (I wonder when this was used for the first time in software. My bet
is that at least in the early 1980's, if not earlier.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message