POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yesterday's WTF moment Server Time
30 Sep 2024 21:30:42 EDT (-0400)
  Yesterday's WTF moment (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: scott
Subject: Yesterday's WTF moment
Date: 26 Jun 2008 05:55:48
Message: <486367a4@news.povray.org>
Driving along and suddenly the few cars ahead of me are stopped.  I see a
coach at the front of the queue trying to reverse.  As I look further up the
road I see a fire truck and a police car in the road with lights on.  I
can't see anything else, but then I see the blades of a helicopter still
spinning slowly that appears to be right next to the road and some trees.

OK, so the helicopter was probably just going to air-lift someone to
hospital from a crashed car or something that I couldn't see, but a) the
helicopter looked like a military one (it was dark green and pretty big) and
b) it would have been very hard to land the helicopter because it was really
close to a lot of trees, a normal person would have landed the helicopter on
the road or in the field that was next to the trees, and c) if there was a
crashed car or something it must have gone really far off the road or I
would have seen it.

Can't find any mention of the incident online yet. Oh well.

It was here, if you are interested:

http://maps.google.de/maps?&ll=48.084809,11.192515&spn=0.005146,0.01074

Right between that square patch of trees and the small side-road in the
middle.