POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : These words Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  These words (Message 11 to 20 of 166)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: These words
Date: 22 Apr 2008 06:48:08
Message: <480dc268@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>>>   Double entendre is quite common speech, IMO.
>
>> Again, how do you even pronounce such a word?
>
>   You'll have to ask a French-speaking people for that.
>
>   Examples of other commonly-used words loaned into English from French,
> and which can be quite difficult to pronounce for someone who has never
> heard them: genre, lingerie, entrepreneur, facade.

Hell, I *still* don't know how to pronounce genre! ;-)

[And lingerie is just hard to physically utter. Still, not something I'm
ever likely to need to do...]

>> I guessed that "platonic" would be something to do with regular solids.
>
>   Ever heard of platonic love?

Yes. I never knew what it meant though.

Actually there are lots of words I've heard and wondered what they
meant. [Obviously I can't think of a single example *right now*...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/