POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hard to tell ... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Hard to tell ... (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Hard to tell ...
Date: 15 Apr 2008 07:30:55
Message: <480491ef$1@news.povray.org>
If the images in this article are CG or not. Some are obviously
photoshopped, but they all have this otherworldly rendered look to them.

http://www.thefstopmag.com/?p=185

Post a reply to this message

From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: Hard to tell ...
Date: 15 Apr 2008 08:23:54
Message: <48049e5a$1@news.povray.org>

480491ef$1@news.povray.org...
> If the images in this article are CG or not. Some are obviously
> photoshopped, but they all have this otherworldly rendered look to them.
> http://www.thefstopmag.com/?p=185

The fun thing is that while the CG world often strives to create images as
photorealistic as possible (usually for the purpose of blending CG images
into photographic environments), the photo world has long been trying to
make pictures that looked as artificial as possible... Actually, one of my
fist inspiration for making 3D was a photographer
http://www.sandyskoglund.com/ (her website is a mess, look for Archives>List
of photographic images).

G.

--