POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The ancient Cornish invented binary Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  The ancient Cornish invented binary (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Halbert
Subject: The ancient Cornish invented binary
Date: 10 Apr 2008 05:11:04
Message: <47fdd9a8@news.povray.org>
I was in Cornwall the last couple of days and made this interesting
discovery.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/halberth/2399284168/

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: The ancient Cornish invented binary
Date: 10 Apr 2008 05:19:46
Message: <k6buv3tljmt729jl3r2c0g29r1hhl1mtr1@4ax.com>
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:12:52 +0100, "Halbert" <hal### [at] gmailcom>
wrote:

>I was in Cornwall the last couple of days and made this interesting
>discovery.
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/halberth/2399284168/

LOL
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Date: 10 Apr 2008 06:22:53
Message: <47fdea7d@news.povray.org>

47fdd9a8@news.povray.org...
>I was in Cornwall the last couple of days and made this interesting
> discovery.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/halberth/2399284168/
>
> --

They even managed to find THE ANSWER as well ;-)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '2399284168_a69813ee48_b.jpg' (64 KB)

Preview of image '2399284168_a69813ee48_b.jpg'
2399284168_a69813ee48_b.jpg

From: Invisible
Date: 10 Apr 2008 06:27:33
Message: <47fdeb95@news.povray.org>
M_a_r_c wrote:

> They even managed to find THE ANSWER as well ;-)

Epic win!

You people who don't understand binary have no idea how much you're
missing...

Some day, I will possess the software and the skill required to do this. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Stephen
Date: 10 Apr 2008 06:46:44
Message: <99guv3l6jh8l7uj7u0odq5bdma1otit4pq@4ax.com>
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:22:45 +0200, "M_a_r_c"
<jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

>47fdd9a8@news.povray.org...
>>I was in Cornwall the last couple of days and made this interesting
>> discovery.
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/halberth/2399284168/
>>
>> --

>They even managed to find THE ANSWER as well ;-)

LOL Nice one!
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Halbert
Date: 10 Apr 2008 13:21:41
Message: <47fe4ca5@news.povray.org>
*groan*

That was done very quickly too. Do you mind if I add that to my flickr page?

From: M a r c
Date: 10 Apr 2008 16:14:52
Message: <47fe753c$1@news.povray.org>

47fe4ca5@news.povray.org...
> *groan*
>
> That was done very quickly too. Do you mind if I add that to my flickr
> page?

LOL no problem of course it is your picture after all, I just brushed a
clone tool on it. (it took me about 3 mn)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Date: 10 Apr 2008 16:33:15
Message: <47fe798b$1@news.povray.org>

47fdd9a8@news.povray.org...
>I was in Cornwall the last couple of days and made this interesting
>discovery.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/halberth/2399284168/
>
> --
browsing through your Cornwall gallery, I saw that:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/halberth/2399229188/in/set-72157604435867598/
'Men an tol' certainly means the 'stone with a hole' in Cornish.
In Breton (the local language of my country, Brittany) it is 'Men an toul'

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 10 Apr 2008 18:07:04
Message: <eo3tv3d2bdd9uafbokjfanfrlgr8rhaje5@4ax.com>
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 22:33:15 +0200, "M_a_r_c"
<jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

>'Men an tol' certainly means the 'stone with a hole' in Cornish.
>In Breton (the local language of my country, Brittany) it is 'Men an toul'

Kelts!
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Halbert
Date: 10 Apr 2008 20:27:13
Message: <47feb061$1@news.povray.org>
That's interesting. Do you know alot of Breton?
Stephanie, the woman with the white hair in that picture was telling us alot
about the Cornish language and local history and such. She drove us all over
Cornwall (a terrifying experiance because of the high speeds and
extreeeeeeeemly narrow roads) and took us for cream teas.
I'm back in London until Sunday when we return to New York. I think we are
going on another walking tour Saturday of Essex River Towns. I think that
one will be only 10 miles. (The Stonehenge Walk we went on on Sunday was 13
miles.)