POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The ancient Cornish invented binary Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  The ancient Cornish invented binary (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: M a r c
Subject: Re: The ancient Cornish invented binary
Date: 11 Apr 2008 03:34:49
Message: <47ff1499$1@news.povray.org>

47feb061$1@news.povray.org...
> That's interesting. Do you know alot of Breton?
I just can catch some words when I'm listenning to someone speaking Breton.
In fact it is not so strange that Cornish and Breton are similar :
When Anglo-Saxon invasions began in Brittain (4 and 5th centuries) a lot of
Britons crossed the Channel and settled in the part of Gaul still named
"Armorica".
Britain became England and Armorica became Brittany. A lot of towns and
villages keep the name of the first Briton settlements.

Marc