POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo, external organs Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Ooo, external organs (Message 31 to 32 of 32)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Ooo, external organs
Date: 12 Apr 2008 19:50:01
Message: <48014aa9$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:44:09 +0200, M_a_r_c wrote:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 47ffd8fa$1@news.povray.org...
>> I think it probably is because the engine I used looks at structures
>> rather than words.
>
> I think a good expert system should have more than one look on a problem
> :-)

Well, I'd agree with that.  Thing is, I just went with the first hit on
my search. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Apr 2008 19:51:15
Message: <48014af3$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:40:50 +0200, M_a_r_c wrote:

> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 47ffd8fa$1@news.povray.org...
>> That's possible as well, though with just "Voix humaine" it identified
>> incorrectly - I think it probably is because the engine I used looks at
>> structures rather than words.
>>
>> Jim
>
> I am not used to language identification engines but I think this one is
> a bad one :
> "Voix humaine" just stands for "human voice", typically latin roots
> language ("voce humana" in Italian).

That was my first reaction, actually - that it was French.  But not
speaking French, I wanted a second opinion, and rather than ask my
stepson (who is studying French) or his girlfriend (who has studied it
for a while), I took a suboptimal solution instead.

That'll teach me. ;-)

Jim