POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stephen, Andrew, St., Phil Cook and anyone else... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:30:37 EDT (-0400)
  Stephen, Andrew, St., Phil Cook and anyone else... (Message 31 to 40 of 117)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Stephen, Andrew, St., Phil Cook and anyone else...
Date: 7 Apr 2008 07:30:00
Message: <web.47fa04f945a2b86465f29b140@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
>
> > If that changes then the answer's yes. May have missed it in the thread
> > jumble, but what sort of time are we looking at?
>
>      WooHoo! Cool! So that's five of us. Well, I'd guess around 6 wouldn't
> be too early(?)

Six is fine by me unless anyone wants to eat first?

PS I eat Special K for my supper powers. Milk ice cold of course :)

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 7 Apr 2008 07:42:13
Message: <47fa0895@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
>>
>> > If that changes then the answer's yes. May have missed it in the thread
>> > jumble, but what sort of time are we looking at?
>>
>>      WooHoo! Cool! So that's five of us. Well, I'd guess around 6
>> wouldn't
>> be too early(?)
>>

> Six is fine by me unless anyone wants to eat first?

   Oh, that's a good idea. I'm up for that if everyone else is.

> PS I eat Special K for my supper powers. Milk ice cold of course :)

     Yeah, so much better when it's ice cold - I think it keeps the cereal
crunchier for longer.

     ~Steve~

> Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> Six is fine by me unless anyone wants to eat first?
>
>    Oh, that's a good idea. I'm up for that if everyone else is.

Does the Jack Horner sell pub food?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>> Six is fine by me unless anyone wants to eat first?
>>
>>    Oh, that's a good idea. I'm up for that if everyone else is.
>
> Does the Jack Horner sell pub food?

Yup, not amazingly cheap. About average for TCR

John

finished," then he sat down.

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 7 Apr 2008 10:13:21
Message: <47fa2c01$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>       Anyway, what time are we all meeting up? The Jack Horner looks great,

I think the general agreement is 6-ish. At least that's what time I'm
turning up

John

finished," then he sat down.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 7 Apr 2008 17:08:16
Message: <47fa8d40$1@news.povray.org>
>> Does the Jack Horner sell pub food?
>>
> Yup, not amazingly cheap. About average for TCR

I can handle that. It'll probably be peanuts compared to the train fare...

Post a reply to this message

From: Phil Cook
Date: 8 Apr 2008 11:04:16
Message: <op.t9ar1dcgc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:47:22 +0100, Phil Cook
<phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> did spake, saying:

> And lo on Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:57:19 +0100, St. <dot### [at] dotcom> did spake,
> saying:
>

>> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:47f67899$1@news.povray.org...
>>
>>  Oh, and I really hope Phil can make it too. Phil?
>
> I'll do my favourite thing and quote myself
>
> "Bad thing is that I obviously had to reschedule some stuff I had
> planned at the weekend for next weekend and then got a poke from
> Invisible about a planned p.o.t. meeting next Saturday; bloody typical."
>
> If that changes then the answer's yes. May have missed it in the thread
> jumble, but what sort of time are we looking at?

Oh this is fun. Just in case stuff is cancelled (sorry it's still on at
the moment) I decided to have a look at train timetables (not trusting my
car at the moment). Now getting there's no problem Kiddy-Snow Hill-walk
over to New Street-Euston about every half hour or so, been there done
that, getting back on the other hand...

Well the planner offers me a choice of leaving from Euston, or Marylebone
however the last train runs at 21:30 and 21:40 respectively, after that
and the next runs at 08:40. I could catch a later train and change at
Northampton so long as I don't mind waiting until 08:00. Even if I do take
the last direct train from Euston the last train from Snow Hill for
Kidderminster leaves half-an-hour before I even get there and the next one
is not until 09:30 I can't even catch a bloody bus from Birmingham as
everything shuts down overnight.

So unless I stay overnight it's basically - Hi everyone, oops gotta go.
Gotta love our public transport system :-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 8 Apr 2008 11:05:36
Message: <47fb89c0@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> So unless I stay overnight it's basically - Hi everyone, oops gotta go.
> Gotta love our public transport system :-)

"system"?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Phil Cook
Date: 8 Apr 2008 11:09:57
Message: <op.t9asaxvcc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 08 Apr 2008 16:05:06 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> So unless I stay overnight it's basically - Hi everyone, oops gotta go.
>> Gotta love our public transport system :-)
>
> "system"?

Sorry typo meant shambles.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 8 Apr 2008 11:21:16
Message: <47fb8d6c@news.povray.org>
>>> So unless I stay overnight it's basically - Hi everyone, oops gotta
>>> go. Gotta love our public transport system :-)
>>
>> "system"?
>
> Sorry typo meant shambles.

Heh. We're like Faye and Dora, except instead of sassing coffee shop
customers, we do synchronised bitching against The Establishment! ;-)

[And I have a way smaller waistline...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/