POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : While riding on public transit... Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  While riding on public transit... (Message 7 to 16 of 106)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: While riding on public transit...
Date: 3 Apr 2008 08:44:40
Message: <47f4df48@news.povray.org>
news:47f4b32f@news.povray.org...

>   I believe that in many countries (such as the US) a 60% tax sounds
> completely incredible and outrageous. But it happens here.

It maxes out at 45% here. Though that's just income tax and doesn't include
VAT (14%), road tax (I think 5% on all petrol/diesel) and the assorted other
involuntary drains.

Seeing that we don't have free schooling, public hospitals are a mess, the
roads are falling apart and so's the electricity grid, I have no idea where
all that money actually goes.

Welcome to the 3rd world. Where the rich support the politicians' expensive
holidays and mansions and the poor still starve.

Post a reply to this message

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Graph_%28military_spenders%29.jpg

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> > Seeing that we don't have free schooling, public hospitals are a mess,
the
> > roads are falling apart and so's the electricity grid, I have no idea
where
> > all that money actually goes.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Graph_%28military_spenders%29.jpg

And it's not the millitary.
No big surprise, we've got no one to fight. Millitary's not even patroling
the borders anymore (Job belongs to the already understaffed police service)

p.s. I'm not in the USA.

Post a reply to this message