POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : As if we didn't have enough to worry about... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:30:54 EDT (-0400)
  As if we didn't have enough to worry about... (Message 31 to 40 of 53)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: As if we didn't have enough to worry about...
Date: 4 Apr 2008 15:48:24
Message: <47f69418$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Exactly. Browsers give no UI to stop sending the login information to
> the server.

Firefox certainly does. It's in the exact same panel you go to to clear
out the "don't save passwords" for the more common "fill in this form to
get a cookie" kind of tracking.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 4 Apr 2008 16:12:26
Message: <47f699ba@news.povray.org>

> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>> Exactly. Browsers give no UI to stop sending the login information to
>> the server.
>
> Firefox certainly does. It's in the exact same panel you go to to clear
> out the "don't save passwords" for the more common "fill in this form to
> get a cookie" kind of tracking.

You mean Remove private data, Authenticated sessions? That's like
telling people to manually delete cookies from all websites when they
want to log out from a single place, instead of a "logout" button.

How do I log out of *one* website?

How can a website automatically log you out after inactivity? (cookies
have expiration date)

Isn't it safer to send a cookie with a session ID back and forth than
sending your actual username and password on every page request?

Post a reply to this message