POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : As if we didn't have enough to worry about... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  As if we didn't have enough to worry about... (Message 21 to 30 of 53)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: As if we didn't have enough to worry about...
Date: 3 Apr 2008 21:52:16
Message: <47f597e0@news.povray.org>

>> That's weird, I'm not registered, and it never bothered me.
>
> I just read carefully the URL that it redirected me to.
>
> Now I want to kill a webdev.
>
> "&REFUSE_COOKIE_ERROR=SHOW_ERROR"

So yeah, enabled cookies and read the thing.

Quite a good article. Maybe Wagner should be put inside the collider :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 3 Apr 2008 22:46:05
Message: <47f5a47d$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> In fact, isn't it totally retarded that it requires cookies in
> the first place?

No. What's totally retarded is building statefull apps on top of HTTP.
Right up there with custom login forms when HTTP has a perfectly good
login mechanism.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

>> In fact, isn't it totally retarded that it requires cookies in the
>> first place?
>
> No. What's totally retarded is building statefull apps on top of HTTP.
> Right up there with custom login forms when HTTP has a perfectly good
> login mechanism.

HTTP auth is not "perfectly good"; but I agree with the general sentiment.

Post a reply to this message