POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : *The* best artist in the World! Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  *The* best artist in the World! (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: St
Subject: Re: *The* best artist in the World!
Date: 31 Mar 2008 13:23:38
Message: <47f12c2a@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote in message

>>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He7Ge7Sogrk
>
> That must be a record. Video is downloading at 2KB/s...
>
> I'll be done in an hour or two, and watch it.

     Hmm, that's not good. No BroadBand in your area yet?

      ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 31 Mar 2008 13:26:30
Message: <47f12cd6$1@news.povray.org>
St. escribió:
>      Hmm, that's not good. No BroadBand in your area yet?

I have 600kbps. *This* particular video in YouTube is going überslow.

I tried getting it with curl:

   % Total    % Received Average          Time             Curr.
                         Dload   Total    Current  Left    Speed
   8 19.6M    8 1780k     6060   0:56:24  0:05:00  0:51:23     0

Has been halted at 0KB/s for quite a while. Even worse: The server sends
"Accept-Ranges: bytes", but it's not true, I can't resume the transfer.

Post a reply to this message

>>      Hmm, that's not good. No BroadBand in your area yet?
>

> I tried getting it with curl:
>
>   % Total    % Received Average          Time             Curr.
>                         Dload   Total    Current  Left    Speed
>   8 19.6M    8 1780k     6060   0:56:24  0:05:00  0:51:23     0
>
> Has been halted at 0KB/s for quite a while. Even worse: The server sends
> "Accept-Ranges: bytes", but it's not true, I can't resume the transfer.

    Oh, I see. Well, I've had that before when a server is extra busy, but
this particular vid downloaded fine for me. To be fair, I filched the URL
from the Crysis forums, (hey, I don't go around looking for elephants that
paint, ya know... ;) so if it was fresh at the time I viewed it, you've
probably got a few thousand trying to see it right now.

    You'll like it when you see it though.  :)

      ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

> That must be a record. Video is downloading at 2KB/s...
>
> I'll be done in an hour or two, and watch it.

Okay, I managed to download it.

OMFG!

Post a reply to this message

>>>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He7Ge7Sogrk
>>
>> That must be a record. Video is downloading at 2KB/s...
>>
>> I'll be done in an hour or two, and watch it.
>
> Okay, I managed to download it.

> OMFG!

 LOL! :) Well, probably trained, but that's testament to their ability to
learn. And, not forgetting the trainers' ability to teach of course.

    ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message