POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic programming Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Logic programming (Message 29 to 38 of 68)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Logic programming
Date: 27 Mar 2008 11:50:51
Message: <47ebd06b@news.povray.org>
> Damn. If only girls found Prolog sexy... I'd get laid! Laid, I say!! :-(

  I think there are easier ways to get laid than Prolog.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 27 Mar 2008 11:54:10
Message: <47ebd132$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> OK. Well apparently you're in the minority. It seems every time I talk
> about my various ray tracer programs, all anybody can say is "yeah, but
> it doesn't have feature X" or "oh, you're wasting your time, it'll never
> be as fast as Y" or "I think that's a stupid way to do it, why don't you
> give up now?" or...

Jealousy, or you're talking to people with a very narrow focus on their
own lives as well. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 27 Mar 2008 12:11:52
Message: <47ebd558$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   I think there are easier ways to get laid than Prolog.

Such as...?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 27 Mar 2008 12:13:23
Message: <47ebd5b3$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Jealousy, or you're talking to people with a very narrow focus on their
> own lives as well. :-)

I'm talking about this forum.

Seriously, I just said "I made a kind of working Prolog interpretter",
and so far not one single person has said "hey, that's kinda neat".

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:23:17 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> OK. Well apparently you're in the minority. It seems every time I talk
> about my various ray tracer programs, all anybody can say is "yeah, but
> it doesn't have feature X" or "oh, you're wasting your time, it'll never
> be as fast as Y" or "I think that's a stupid way to do it, why don't you
> give up now?" or...

I think you'd find that a lot of computer *users* don't write raytracers
in their spare time.  I can think of a handful of users here who probably
haven't (just off the top of my head).

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:13:38 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Darren New wrote:
>
>> Jealousy, or you're talking to people with a very narrow focus on their
>> own lives as well. :-)
>
> I'm talking about this forum.
>
> Seriously, I just said "I made a kind of working Prolog interpretter",
> and so far not one single person has said "hey, that's kinda neat".

Um, excuse me, I said it was clever.  Did you miss that?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:50:51 -0500, Warp wrote:

>> Damn. If only girls found Prolog sexy... I'd get laid! Laid, I say!!
>> :-(
>
>   I think there are easier ways to get laid than Prolog.

Best line of the day. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> OK. Well apparently you're in the minority. It seems every time I talk
>> about my various ray tracer programs, all anybody can say is "yeah, but
>> it doesn't have feature X" or "oh, you're wasting your time, it'll never
>> be as fast as Y" or "I think that's a stupid way to do it, why don't you
>> give up now?" or...
>
> I think you'd find that a lot of computer *users* don't write raytracers
> in their spare time.  I can think of a handful of users here who probably
> haven't (just off the top of my head).

OK, well maybe it's just a vocal minority that makes it seem otherwise
then? (How many times is *that* the way??)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Um, excuse me, I said it was clever.  Did you miss that?

Heh. You wanna know how it works? ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/