POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Upload skipped almost half my files Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:33:45 EDT (-0400)
  Upload skipped almost half my files (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Upload skipped almost half my files
Date: 9 Jun 2012 08:15:01
Message: <web.4fd33df02b814c1a85de7b680@news.povray.org>
I just tried to update the RoundEdge module.  It has 34 files, but only 20 of
them were uploaded.

Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Upload skipped almost half my files
Date: 12 Jun 2012 22:25:01
Message: <web.4fd7f928a6016e6b85de7b680@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> I just tried to update the RoundEdge module.  It has 34 files, but only 20 of
> them were uploaded.

The missing files are all illustrations for the user manual, named
roundedge_nn.jpg, where nn is a number from 15 to 28.  They can be generated by
running POV-Ray with these command line arguments:

+iroundedge.pov +w240 +h180 declare=Rad=1 +a0.05 +am2 +r3 +kff28 +oroundedge_
+sf15

If you are using POV-Ray 3.7, add +fj Compression=90 to the command line.

If you are using POV-Ray 3.6, you will need to convert the illustrations to JPEG
format.  To match the quality of the other illustrations, use quality 90 and
subsampling 1x1,1x1,1x1.

I will re-upload the module after I am assured that the problem will not recur.