POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Yes-library Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Yes-library (Message 25 to 34 of 34)
From: yesbird
Subject: Re: Yes-library
Date: 26 Feb 2023 17:17:56
Message: <63fbda94@news.povray.org>

#4 - Weed
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'weed_01.png' (382 KB)

Preview of image 'weed_01.png'
weed_01.png

From: yesbird
Date: 27 Feb 2023 09:25:01
Message: <63fcbd3d@news.povray.org>

#5 - Yes-font
--YB

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'text.png' (118 KB)

Preview of image 'text.png'
text.png

From: yesbird
Date: 27 Feb 2023 13:16:49
Message: <63fcf391@news.povray.org>

#6 - Spiral path
--YB

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'spral_path.png' (386 KB)

Preview of image 'spral_path.png'
spral_path.png

From: Mike Miller
Date: 1 Mar 2023 01:45:00
Message: <web.63fef31c7f290431a30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 23/02/2023 01:42, yesbird wrote:
> > Here I'm starting a collection of static and animated objects,

> > https://github.com/syanenko/pov-yes
>
> #6 - Spiral path
> --YB

Hi Yesbird.
Hope all is well.

While converting my old Fish13 I spent some time finding a better way to handle
some of the forms I used. I picked a method similar to CTDS with a lot less data
points. I'm using sphere_sweep cubic_splines for the body and pointy spine
shapes and 'sliced' lathe cubic splines for the fin parts. I wrote a CAD utility
for each type that converts the circle positions and radius to POV syntax. In
that process I've creating new fish model that you can use if you like.

I'll post a zip file with the POV file and images maps used in
'object-collection'.
Mike.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fish_14.png' (911 KB)

Preview of image 'fish_14.png'
fish_14.png

> > Here I'm starting a collection of static and animated objects,

> > https://github.com/syanenko/pov-yes
>
> #6 - Spiral path
> --YB

Here's a screen grab from the CAD process used for fish14.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cad setup.jpg' (486 KB)

Preview of image 'cad setup.jpg'