The GemCuts module is finally uploaded. The initial version defines the
emerald and round brilliant cuts, but I hope to add more in future
versions. This version also includes macros for rings and prong settings.
I got electricity restored in early January, and much to my surprise,
the sample scene suddenly started rendering twice as fast. My only
guess is that with the room being previously ventilated with a tiny 6
inch (15 cm) fan, my computer wasn't cooling itself efficiently, and the
CPU throttled back accordingly. Just a guess.
However, even after the hurricane delay, I'm glad I didn't rush the
testing. As recently as less than two weeks ago, I found a bug in the
ring shank, of all places. One would think a simple toroid lathe is the
least likely part to screw up. Lesson: do comprehensive testing! Don't
skimp, and don't take anything for granted.
Post a reply to this message