POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Licensing Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:42:34 EDT (-0400)
  Licensing (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Licensing
Date: 25 Dec 2015 01:20:11
Message: <567ce01b$1@news.povray.org>
If the code is CC-LGPL, what about the images rendered using the code?
Use the same license?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Licensing
Date: 25 Dec 2015 08:05:07
Message: <web.567d3e4b7688c8d9ac6323910@news.povray.org>
> If the code is CC-LGPL, what about the images rendered using the code?
> Use the same license?

According to the README file, "You may use images that you generate using these
files without restriction."

There is at least one exception:  The AndroidRobot module depicts an image
trademarked by The Google, which bears a Creative Commons attribution license.

Post a reply to this message

On 12/25/2015 8:02 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> If the code is CC-LGPL, what about the images rendered using the code?
>> Use the same license?
>
> According to the README file, "You may use images that you generate using these
> files without restriction."
>
> There is at least one exception:  The AndroidRobot module depicts an image
> trademarked by The Google, which bears a Creative Commons attribution license.

What about fonts? If we include a font with our project does it have to
be LGPL as well? Do you know of any nice LGPL sans serif fonts?

Mike

Post a reply to this message