POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies (Message 1 to 10 of 27)
From: Chambers
Subject: (First?) Contribution Drive: Office Supplies
Date: 21 Jan 2008 12:09:18
Message: <4794d1be$1@news.povray.org>
OK, to try this out, I'll be collecting, for a period of one week,
submissions for office supplies.  Anyone can make a submission, or
multiple submissions.  There are only a few guidelines I'll stipulate:

1) Email me your submissions, rather than spamming the NG with binaries.

2) Try to use a macro parameter to define the size of your object.  If
you cannot, then please use a variable named 'meter', and place the
following at the beginning of your code:

#ifndef(meter)
#declare meter = 1.0;
#end

Then, create all your objects based on this variable.

3) It is assumed that all submissions are given with permission to post
them in the POV-Ray Library.  It is also assumed that I am being given
permission to be the one posting them there.  It is also assumed that
you would like credit for your work, so I will ensure that the final
upload contains credits for all contributors.

4) Try to make objects that would require more than a few minutes of
mucking about in SDL to replicate.  The point is to have quality
objects.  If you can't make a whole set of quality objects, just make
one or two - that's why we're doing this as a group.

Any other questions or suggestions, post them here.  After next Sunday,
I'll package all the contributions together and upload them.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> OK, to try this out, I'll be collecting, for a period of one week,
> submissions for office supplies.

fine enough.  So it closes next monday?  oh, sunday...

> 1) Email me your submissions, rather than spamming the NG with binaries.

how about a standard title?  "Povray Object Collection:  office supplies"?

> 2) Try to use a macro parameter to define the size of your object.  If
> you cannot, then please use a variable named 'meter', and place the
> following at the beginning of your code:
>
> #ifndef(meter)
> #declare meter = 1.0;
> #end

hmm, how about abbrevs?  m is traditional for meter, cm for centimeter etc.  I'd
very much like to spell <1.2,.86,.2>*m rather than <1.2,.86,.2>*meter or
centimeter...  what about yankees and their weird measure units?

> 4) Try to make objects that would require more than a few minutes of
> mucking about in SDL to replicate.  The point is to have quality
> objects.  If you can't make a whole set of quality objects, just make
> one or two - that's why we're doing this as a group.

that sounds great!  I'm guessing you're expecting pure CSG, no meshes?

Post a reply to this message