POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : SphereSweep 1.1, with B-splines : Re: SphereSweep 1.1, with B-splines Server Time
5 Dec 2021 00:49:55 EST (-0500)
  Re: SphereSweep 1.1, with B-splines
From: And
Date: 5 Sep 2015 10:40:00
Message: <web.55eafdc7bb12a32f57fdff410@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.55d0c6ee48951ba98423d9aa0%40news.povray.org%3E/

> > And maybe I will write a more general version that put a 'merge' feature and the
> > variant radius feature on it. We can discuss it.
>
> I began work on the Bezier sphere sweep last week.  The Bezier calculation macro
> is already complete, and accommodates variable radii.  The hard part is to
> integrate the Bezier calculation into my existing macros.
>
> I will take a look at your file.  Please be aware that the Object Collection
> requires the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) 2.1, so if I end up
> borrowing any of your code, you will need to consent to offering that license
> before I can upload it.  The LGPL is just about the most generous license out
> there, leaving you with little more than token ownership of your intellectual
> property, so you'll want to read it very carefully before consenting to offer
> it.

Ok. Thank you very much.

Well, I wondering what the radius formula do others like you apply? I think that
it can be the similar form as the bezier curve in a sense:

r = r0*pow(1-t,3) + r1*pow(1-t,2)*t + r2*(1-t)*pow(t,2) + r3*pow(t,3)
0 <= t <= 1
That is, four points and four radii decide a segment.
Wondering how do you think?

Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.