POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Open Timeline editor in Moray? Server Time
2 Dec 2022 12:04:41 EST (-0500)
  Open Timeline editor in Moray? (Message 4 to 13 of 13)  
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages
From: PossibleTaco
Subject: Re: Open Timeline editor in Moray?
Date: 29 Apr 2021 14:50:00
Message: <web.608afeb7b1a2c36b44122350495b05b0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> I found this:
>
> https://xan-der.tripod.com/AnimPluginContents.html
>
> Animation with Moray is done by a plugin. Timeline Editor is mentioned
> in this site.
>
> --
> Thomas

I actually had come across that, but it never says how to open the timeline
editor, it just talks about it. Thanks for the find though Thomas!


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Open Timeline editor in Moray?
Date: 30 Apr 2021 02:46:52
Message: <608ba7dc$1@news.povray.org>
Op 29/04/2021 om 20:45 schreef PossibleTaco:
> Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
>> I found this:
>>
>> https://xan-der.tripod.com/AnimPluginContents.html
>>
>> Animation with Moray is done by a plugin. Timeline Editor is mentioned
>> in this site.
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
> 
> I actually had come across that, but it never says how to open the timeline
> editor, it just talks about it. Thanks for the find though Thomas!
> 

Do you have the AnimPlugin? Xander's site does not enable downloads 
anymore. I do have a copy though (AnimPlugin.dll) in my archives.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: PossibleTaco
Subject: Re: Open Timeline editor in Moray?
Date: 30 Apr 2021 22:20:00
Message: <web.608cb9ceb1a2c36b44122350495b05b0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> Op 29/04/2021 om 20:45 schreef PossibleTaco:
> > Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> >> I found this:
> >>
> >> https://xan-der.tripod.com/AnimPluginContents.html
> >>
> >> Animation with Moray is done by a plugin. Timeline Editor is mentioned
> >> in this site.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thomas
> >
> > I actually had come across that, but it never says how to open the timeline
> > editor, it just talks about it. Thanks for the find though Thomas!
> >
>
> Do you have the AnimPlugin? Xander's site does not enable downloads
> anymore. I do have a copy though (AnimPlugin.dll) in my archives.
>
> --
> Thomas

No I don't, I guess for some reason I assumed it came with it. Is there any way
I can get my hands on the plugin?


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Open Timeline editor in Moray?
Date: 30 Apr 2021 22:40:00
Message: <web.608cbf3eb1a2c36b1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"PossibleTaco" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> No I don't, I guess for some reason I assumed it came with it. Is there any way
> I can get my hands on the plugin?

https://web.archive.org/web/20040410104244/http://xan-der.tripod.com/downloads.html


Post a reply to this message

From: PossibleTaco
Subject: Re: Open Timeline editor in Moray?
Date: 1 May 2021 00:10:00
Message: <web.608cd39ab1a2c36b44122350495b05b0@news.povray.org>
"Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> "PossibleTaco" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> > No I don't, I guess for some reason I assumed it came with it. Is there any way
> > I can get my hands on the plugin?
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20040410104244/http://xan-der.tripod.com/downloads.html

Thank you! Do I just bring the exe into the plugins folder?


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Open Timeline editor in Moray?
Date: 1 May 2021 02:35:56
Message: <608cf6cc@news.povray.org>
Op 01/05/2021 om 06:05 schreef PossibleTaco:
> "Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> "PossibleTaco" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>>
>>> No I don't, I guess for some reason I assumed it came with it. Is there any way
>>> I can get my hands on the plugin?
>>
Right. That was the first trouble shooting question: "Is de device 
switched /on/?" ;-)

>> https://web.archive.org/web/20040410104244/http://xan-der.tripod.com/downloads.html
> 
> Thank you! Do I just bring the exe into the plugins folder?
> 
> 
Normally, most Moray plugins are in the form of a .dll, which is brought 
into the Plugin folder. I do not remember how this was with the 
AnimPlugin as an .exe file. You can try to put it in the folder and see 
how/if it works. Alternatively, you can try to run the .exe file outside 
Moray and see if it installs something in the Plugin folder. Finally, I 
attach here the .dll file I found in my archives, for you to drop in the 
Plugin folder. I guess that that last one is the utility you are looking 
for.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'animplugin.dll.dat' (2429 KB)

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Open Timeline editor in Moray?
Date: 1 May 2021 11:21:19
Message: <608d71ef@news.povray.org>
Op 1-5-2021 om 08:35 schreef Thomas de Groot:
> Normally, most Moray plugins are in the form of a .dll, which is brought 
> into the Plugin folder. I do not remember how this was with the 
> AnimPlugin as an .exe file. You can try to put it in the folder and see 
> how/if it works. Alternatively, you can try to run the .exe file outside 
> Moray and see if it installs something in the Plugin folder. Finally, I 
> attach here the .dll file I found in my archives, for you to drop in the 
> Plugin folder. I guess that that last one is the utility you are looking 
> for.
> 
I just re-visited Xander's site: the installation of the plugin is 
clearly explained there:
https://xan-der.tripod.com/AnimPluginInstallation.html#POVRayConnection

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: PossibleTaco
Subject: Re: Open Timeline editor in Moray?
Date: 1 May 2021 17:20:00
Message: <web.608dc4e4b1a2c36b44122350495b05b0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> Op 1-5-2021 om 08:35 schreef Thomas de Groot:
> > Normally, most Moray plugins are in the form of a .dll, which is brought
> > into the Plugin folder. I do not remember how this was with the
> > AnimPlugin as an .exe file. You can try to put it in the folder and see
> > how/if it works. Alternatively, you can try to run the .exe file outside
> > Moray and see if it installs something in the Plugin folder. Finally, I
> > attach here the .dll file I found in my archives, for you to drop in the
> > Plugin folder. I guess that that last one is the utility you are looking
> > for.
> >
> I just re-visited Xander's site: the installation of the plugin is
> clearly explained there:
> https://xan-der.tripod.com/AnimPluginInstallation.html#POVRayConnection
>
> --
> Thomas

Woo hoo! I got it installed (and verified by going to view>loaded plugins).
Thanks for all of your help! Annnnnnddd I found the timeline option! For future
reference, go to Render > timeline. It's kind of a dumb place, but whatever
works.


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Open Timeline editor in Moray?
Date: 2 May 2021 02:32:08
Message: <608e4768$1@news.povray.org>
Op 01/05/2021 om 23:15 schreef PossibleTaco:
> Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
>> Op 1-5-2021 om 08:35 schreef Thomas de Groot:
>>> Normally, most Moray plugins are in the form of a .dll, which is brought
>>> into the Plugin folder. I do not remember how this was with the
>>> AnimPlugin as an .exe file. You can try to put it in the folder and see
>>> how/if it works. Alternatively, you can try to run the .exe file outside
>>> Moray and see if it installs something in the Plugin folder. Finally, I
>>> attach here the .dll file I found in my archives, for you to drop in the
>>> Plugin folder. I guess that that last one is the utility you are looking
>>> for.
>>>
>> I just re-visited Xander's site: the installation of the plugin is
>> clearly explained there:
>> https://xan-der.tripod.com/AnimPluginInstallation.html#POVRayConnection
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
> 
> Woo hoo! I got it installed (and verified by going to view>loaded plugins).
> Thanks for all of your help! Annnnnnddd I found the timeline option! For future
> reference, go to Render > timeline. It's kind of a dumb place, but whatever
> works.
> 
Excellent. Glad it works. After all this time far from Moray-using, it 
took a while to get a focus on what, where and how things Moray where 
residing. Good to see also that there are still people caring about the 
program. Maybe, someday, a new version will see the light...?

Show us your work when you are ready!

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: PossibleTaco
Subject: Re: Open Timeline editor in Moray?
Date: 2 May 2021 20:20:00
Message: <web.608f4092b1a2c36b44122350495b05b0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> Op 1-5-2021 om 08:35 schreef Thomas de Groot:
> > Normally, most Moray plugins are in the form of a .dll, which is brought
> > into the Plugin folder. I do not remember how this was with the
> > AnimPlugin as an .exe file. You can try to put it in the folder and see
> > how/if it works. Alternatively, you can try to run the .exe file outside
> > Moray and see if it installs something in the Plugin folder. Finally, I
> > attach here the .dll file I found in my archives, for you to drop in the
> > Plugin folder. I guess that that last one is the utility you are looking
> > for.
> >
> I just re-visited Xander's site: the installation of the plugin is
> clearly explained there:
> https://xan-der.tripod.com/AnimPluginInstallation.html#POVRayConnection
>
> --
> Thomas

Got it working! For those wondering, go to render > timeline and it's there!
Thanks for the help Thomas!


Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.