POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Open Timeline editor in Moray? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:59:19 EDT (-0400)
  Open Timeline editor in Moray? (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: PossibleTaco
Subject: Re: Open Timeline editor in Moray?
Date: 1 May 2021 17:20:00
Message: <web.608dc4e4b1a2c36b44122350495b05b0@news.povray.org>
> Op 1-5-2021 om 08:35 schreef Thomas de Groot:
> > Normally, most Moray plugins are in the form of a .dll, which is brought
> > into the Plugin folder. I do not remember how this was with the
> > AnimPlugin as an .exe file. You can try to put it in the folder and see
> > how/if it works. Alternatively, you can try to run the .exe file outside
> > Moray and see if it installs something in the Plugin folder. Finally, I
> > attach here the .dll file I found in my archives, for you to drop in the
> > Plugin folder. I guess that that last one is the utility you are looking
> > for.
> >
> I just re-visited Xander's site: the installation of the plugin is
> clearly explained there:
> https://xan-der.tripod.com/AnimPluginInstallation.html#POVRayConnection
>
> --
> Thomas

Woo hoo! I got it installed (and verified by going to view>loaded plugins).
Thanks for all of your help! Annnnnnddd I found the timeline option! For future
reference, go to Render > timeline. It's kind of a dumb place, but whatever
works.

Post a reply to this message

Op 01/05/2021 om 23:15 schreef PossibleTaco:
>> Op 1-5-2021 om 08:35 schreef Thomas de Groot:
>>> Normally, most Moray plugins are in the form of a .dll, which is brought
>>> into the Plugin folder. I do not remember how this was with the
>>> AnimPlugin as an .exe file. You can try to put it in the folder and see
>>> how/if it works. Alternatively, you can try to run the .exe file outside
>>> Moray and see if it installs something in the Plugin folder. Finally, I
>>> attach here the .dll file I found in my archives, for you to drop in the
>>> Plugin folder. I guess that that last one is the utility you are looking
>>> for.
>>>
>> I just re-visited Xander's site: the installation of the plugin is
>> clearly explained there:
>> https://xan-der.tripod.com/AnimPluginInstallation.html#POVRayConnection
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> Woo hoo! I got it installed (and verified by going to view>loaded plugins).
> Thanks for all of your help! Annnnnnddd I found the timeline option! For future
> reference, go to Render > timeline. It's kind of a dumb place, but whatever
> works.

Excellent. Glad it works. After all this time far from Moray-using, it
took a while to get a focus on what, where and how things Moray where
residing. Good to see also that there are still people caring about the
program. Maybe, someday, a new version will see the light...?

Show us your work when you are ready!

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: PossibleTaco
Date: 2 May 2021 20:20:00
Message: <web.608f4092b1a2c36b44122350495b05b0@news.povray.org>
> Op 1-5-2021 om 08:35 schreef Thomas de Groot:
> > Normally, most Moray plugins are in the form of a .dll, which is brought
> > into the Plugin folder. I do not remember how this was with the
> > AnimPlugin as an .exe file. You can try to put it in the folder and see
> > how/if it works. Alternatively, you can try to run the .exe file outside
> > Moray and see if it installs something in the Plugin folder. Finally, I
> > attach here the .dll file I found in my archives, for you to drop in the
> > Plugin folder. I guess that that last one is the utility you are looking
> > for.
> >
> I just re-visited Xander's site: the installation of the plugin is
> clearly explained there:
> https://xan-der.tripod.com/AnimPluginInstallation.html#POVRayConnection
>
> --
> Thomas

Got it working! For those wondering, go to render > timeline and it's there!
Thanks for the help Thomas!