POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Starter of povray, what version to use ... Server Time
16 Apr 2024 15:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Starter of povray, what version to use ... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: MarcoPajotter
Subject: Starter of povray, what version to use ...
Date: 6 Apr 2018 05:55:00
Message: <web.5ac743229de615f2222a6e80@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone,

I'm very new here,
I'm a 2D/3D designer who likes to use povray.

But I do not know where to start,
what is the last good working version.
I use win7/win8 x64, and like to make stunning images with povray,
so 3.6, 3.7 or wait for 3.8 ?

Thanks,
greetings from pajottenland belgium,

Marc

PS: Sorry if my english is not perfect ...

Post a reply to this message

On 06/04/2018 10:54, MarcoPajotter wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm very new here,
> I'm a 2D/3D designer who likes to use povray.
>
> But I do not know where to start,
> what is the last good working version.
> I use win7/win8 x64, and like to make stunning images with povray,
> so 3.6, 3.7 or wait for 3.8 ?
>
> Thanks,
> greetings from pajottenland belgium,
>
> Marc
>
> PS: Sorry if my english is not perfect ...

Hello Marc and welcome.

I would start straight away with version 3.7
You will want stability when you are starting out.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message