POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering cross sections of high-D shapes Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:37:35 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering cross sections of high-D shapes (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: nine dimensional being
Subject: Rendering cross sections of high-D shapes
Date: 18 Mar 2014 20:35:00
Message: <web.5328e5d64f05defa305431e40@news.povray.org>
Hello all. I have just downloaded this awesome looking program with the intent
of using it to derive midsection cross cuts of many different shapes. I can
provide the equations necessary to derive the cuts, so it can be used like a
fancy calculator. But, my ultimate goal would be animations, or at least full
control over the angle and depth of the slicing n-plane. I've learned how to do
this the long way on paper. Now, I would like to apply it in a visual sense.
People really like animations and pictures, and what better than to illustrate
the complex merging pattern of a 7D hyperdonut! I hope I am taken seriously in
this respect. I have learned how to visualize amazing things, and I feel like
I'm holding out if I never bring them into reality.