POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need to smooth the edges Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:38:01 EDT (-0400)
  Need to smooth the edges (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Sagar
Subject: Need to smooth the edges
Date: 6 Mar 2014 23:15:00
Message: <web.5319472a8751f74232d4defc0@news.povray.org>
I am trying to get the DNA double helix with smooth curves. I got the code from
the site -
http://www.life-science-it.org/pages/research/projectPovrayHelix.html.

But unable to get the curves smooth. Any help is appreciated.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jeff Reifel
Subject: Re: Need to smooth the edges
Date: 7 Mar 2014 00:10:01
Message: <web.5319543415e6685c11fab0250@news.povray.org>
"Sagar" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I am trying to get the DNA double helix with smooth curves. I got the code from
> the site -
> http://www.life-science-it.org/pages/research/projectPovrayHelix.html.
>
> But unable to get the curves smooth. Any help is appreciated.

Exactly what are you getting instead of a smooth curve?
Post an image in povray.binaries.images to better illustrate the problem.

Post a reply to this message

"Jeff Reifel" <jef### [at] rocketmailcom> wrote:
> "Sagar" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I am trying to get the DNA double helix with smooth curves. I got the code from
> > the site -
> > http://www.life-science-it.org/pages/research/projectPovrayHelix.html.
> >
> > But unable to get the curves smooth. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Exactly what are you getting instead of a smooth curve?
> Post an image in povray.binaries.images to better illustrate the problem.

The lines (edges of the tubes) are not smooth. How to make it smooth ? I am
unable to add any images as attachements. How to add the attachements ?

Post a reply to this message

"Jeff Reifel" <jef### [at] rocketmailcom> wrote:
> "Sagar" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I am trying to get the DNA double helix with smooth curves. I got the code from
> > the site -
> > http://www.life-science-it.org/pages/research/projectPovrayHelix.html.
> >
> > But unable to get the curves smooth. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Exactly what are you getting instead of a smooth curve?
> Post an image in povray.binaries.images to better illustrate the problem.

Thanks for your reply.

I have posted the image -
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.531957fa8751f74232d4defc0%40news.povray.org%3E/

Please take a look on the above link.

Post a reply to this message

> "Jeff Reifel" <jef### [at] rocketmailcom> wrote:
> > "Sagar" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > > I am trying to get the DNA double helix with smooth curves. I got the code from
> > > the site -
> > > http://www.life-science-it.org/pages/research/projectPovrayHelix.html.
> > >
> > > But unable to get the curves smooth. Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > Exactly what are you getting instead of a smooth curve?
> > Post an image in povray.binaries.images to better illustrate the problem.
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I have posted the image -

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.531957fa8751f74232d4defc0%40news.povray.org%3E/

> Please take a look on the above link.

It appears you are not using Anti-Aliasing.
Choose a render option with AA 0.3 or type +A in the command line.

Post a reply to this message

"Jeff Reifel" <jef### [at] rocketmailcom> wrote:
> "Sagar" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> > > Exactly what are you getting instead of a smooth curve?
> > > Post an image in povray.binaries.images to better illustrate the problem.
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.
> >
> > I have posted the image -

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.531957fa8751f74232d4defc0%40news.povray.org%3E/

> > Please take a look on the above link.
>
> It appears you are not using Anti-Aliasing.
> Choose a render option with AA 0.3 or type +A in the command line.

Appreciate the quick response. I am completely new to POV. Where should i add
the AA ?

Post a reply to this message

> "Jeff Reifel" <jef### [at] rocketmailcom> wrote:

> > > Thanks for your reply.
> > >
> > > I have posted the image -

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.531957fa8751f74232d4defc0%40news.povray.org%3E/

> > > Please take a look on the above link.
> >
> > It appears you are not using Anti-Aliasing.
> > Choose a render option with AA 0.3 or type +A in the command line.
>
> Appreciate the quick response. I am completely new to POV. Where should i add
> the AA ?

Sorry for annoyance. I found out where to enter the command. Now the image looks
much better. Thanks for your help.

Post a reply to this message