POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Singularity Server Time
13 May 2024 20:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Singularity (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: timer
Subject: Singularity
Date: 18 Jan 2013 07:10:00
Message: <web.50f93b2668285565377391f20@news.povray.org>
Hi,

when I put a camera in the focal point of a prabolic mirror it looks like there
is a singularity. But this constilation is exactly what I need/want. Is there a
posibillity to change the way of calculation from povray or something else what
I can do?

thx,
  Tim

Post a reply to this message

> when I put a camera in the focal point of a prabolic mirror it looks like there
> is a singularity. But this constilation is exactly what I need/want. Is there a
> posibillity to change the way of calculation from povray or something else what
> I can do?

Well, what do you expect?

At the focal point of a parabolic mirror, by its very nature, it doesn't
matter where you look - you'll always see whatever is placed right in
the optical axis of the mirror.

Post a reply to this message

> At the focal point of a parabolic mirror, by its very nature, it doesn't
> matter where you look - you'll always see whatever is placed right in
> the optical axis of the mirror.

That would be awesome because this is what I want. But unfortunately it's get
black when I move the camera in the focal point. A little but over and under
that focal point it looked nice, but this is, for me, the wrong view point.

Post a reply to this message

>> At the focal point of a parabolic mirror, by its very nature, it doesn't
>> matter where you look - you'll always see whatever is placed right in
>> the optical axis of the mirror.
>
> That would be awesome because this is what I want. But unfortunately it's get
> black when I move the camera in the focal point. A little but over and under
> that focal point it looked nice, but this is, for me, the wrong view point.

That's surprising to me. Can you give a sample scene?

Post a reply to this message