POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problem with transparency (3D crafter) Server Time
7 Jun 2024 23:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with transparency (3D crafter) (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Subject: Re: Problem with transparency (3D crafter)
Date: 11 Sep 2012 06:54:17
Message: <504f1859@news.povray.org>
On 11/09/12 11:08, Vadim wrote:
> How? 3d Crafter renders a lot of shots one after the other, when it
> records the animation. This occurs in the 3d Crafter interface. Is it
> possible to set this option from the command line in the render
> settings?
>
> And another: 3d Crafter does not use a lot of opportunities Pov-ray.
> Do not tell me how to set the parameters in 3D Crafter for rendering
> using Pov-Ray. Maybe with VB-scripts ...

   I guess you should be asking this on 3DCrafter forums or support:
figuring out a solution for your problems may require some knowledge on
how 3DCrafter works. After a quick reading of a tutorial I found on the
web, I'm guessing the process is totally blind when you raytrace
directly from within 3DCrafter, but perhaps there are some internal
templates that you can modify... look into your 3DCrafter program files
to see if you can locate these (with some luck, the will be .pov or .inc
files).

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

> > How? 3d Crafter renders a lot of shots one after the other, when it records the
> > animation. This occurs in the 3d Crafter interface.
> > Is it possible to set this option from the command line in the render settings?
> >
> > And another: 3d Crafter does not use a lot of opportunities Pov-ray. Do not tell
> > me how to set the parameters in 3D Crafter for rendering using Pov-Ray. Maybe
> > with VB-scripts ...
>
> I'm not familiar with the plugin system of 3dCrafter or VB-scripts, sorry.
>
> Stephen S

It's okay. Thanks for everything. It is bad that 3D Crafter does not support own
forum.

Post a reply to this message

>>> How? 3d Crafter renders a lot of shots one after the other, when it records the
>>> animation. This occurs in the 3d Crafter interface.
>>> Is it possible to set this option from the command line in the render settings?
>>>
>>> And another: 3d Crafter does not use a lot of opportunities Pov-ray. Do not tell
>>> me how to set the parameters in 3D Crafter for rendering using Pov-Ray. Maybe
>>> with VB-scripts ...
>>
>> I'm not familiar with the plugin system of 3dCrafter or VB-scripts, sorry.
>>
>> Stephen S
>
> It's okay. Thanks for everything. It is bad that 3D Crafter does not support own
> forum.

   Then I got wrong which 3DCrafter you are referring to?

   http://amabilis.com/?forum=3dc3dcrafter

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> On 11/09/12 13:05, Vadim wrote:

> >> I'm not familiar with the plugin system of 3dCrafter or VB-scripts, sorry.
> >>
> >> Stephen S
> >
> > It's okay. Thanks for everything. It is bad that 3D Crafter does not support own
> > forum.
> >

>    Then I got wrong which 3DCrafter you are referring to?
>
>    http://amabilis.com/?forum=3dc3dcrafter
>
> --
> Jaime

I searched here:http://amabilis.com/forum/

Post a reply to this message

Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> On 11/09/12 11:08, Vadim wrote:
> > How? 3d Crafter renders a lot of shots one after the other, when it
> > records the animation. This occurs in the 3d Crafter interface. Is it
> > possible to set this option from the command line in the render
> > settings?
> >
> > And another: 3d Crafter does not use a lot of opportunities Pov-ray.
> > Do not tell me how to set the parameters in 3D Crafter for rendering
> > using Pov-Ray. Maybe with VB-scripts ...
> >

>    I guess you should be asking this on 3DCrafter forums or support:
> figuring out a solution for your problems may require some knowledge on
> how 3DCrafter works. After a quick reading of a tutorial I found on the
> web, I'm guessing the process is totally blind when you raytrace
> directly from within 3DCrafter, but perhaps there are some internal
> templates that you can modify... look into your 3DCrafter program files
> to see if you can locate these (with some luck, the will be .pov or .inc
> files).
>
> --
> Jaime

You are right. But it uses a dll file type to export. I do not know how to
change them ...

Post a reply to this message

> Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

>>    I guess you should be asking this on 3DCrafter forums or support:
>> figuring out a solution for your problems may require some knowledge on
>> how 3DCrafter works. After a quick reading of a tutorial I found on the
>> web, I'm guessing the process is totally blind when you raytrace
>> directly from within 3DCrafter, but perhaps there are some internal
>> templates that you can modify... look into your 3DCrafter program files
>> to see if you can locate these (with some luck, the will be .pov or .inc
>> files).

> You are right. But it uses a dll file type to export. I do not know how to
> change them ...

In the worst situation, assuming the generated pov-scene does include at
least one standard include from the povray distribution, (and assuming
that the max_trace_level is not redefine later in the generated files),
you could :
 1. identify one such include file (as "colors.inc" for instance ?)
 2. Blasphemy: edit the colors.inc file to add the "global_setting{
max_trace_level .... "

Post a reply to this message

>   1. identify one such include file (as "colors.inc" for instance ?)
>   2. Blasphemy: edit the colors.inc file to add the "global_setting{
> max_trace_level .... "

   Brilliant workaround, even if it's a bit of a heresy... ;)

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

> > Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
>
> >>    I guess you should be asking this on 3DCrafter forums or support:
> >> figuring out a solution for your problems may require some knowledge on
> >> how 3DCrafter works. After a quick reading of a tutorial I found on the
> >> web, I'm guessing the process is totally blind when you raytrace
> >> directly from within 3DCrafter, but perhaps there are some internal
> >> templates that you can modify... look into your 3DCrafter program files
> >> to see if you can locate these (with some luck, the will be .pov or .inc
> >> files).
>

> > You are right. But it uses a dll file type to export. I do not know how to
> > change them ...
> >

> In the worst situation, assuming the generated pov-scene does include at
> least one standard include from the povray distribution, (and assuming
> that the max_trace_level is not redefine later in the generated files),
> you could :
>  1. identify one such include file (as "colors.inc" for instance ?)
>  2. Blasphemy: edit the colors.inc file to add the "global_setting{
> max_trace_level .... "

Thank you. This is good advice.