POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Advice on rendering a topographic scene Server Time
14 May 2024 09:35:13 EDT (-0400)
  Advice on rendering a topographic scene (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: mathieu r
Subject: Advice on rendering a topographic scene
Date: 28 Aug 2012 08:00:00
Message: <web.503cb1ead916b0083999cf850@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I admire a lot the work of Diana Lange.

She uses Cinema4D to render DXF models built with the Processing software.

I'd like how the same could be achieved using Pov Ray.

Here is a sketch of what I'm trying to get:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m09z83dVUZ1qzngato1_500.jpg

What I notice on her rendering is:
- this kind of shadow on the ground, very diffuse
- this very subtile blue light
- this "cream aspect"

As I'm a beginner, I wonder how, which elements to use in my .pov script to get
similar results

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mathieu

--
I already have a scene that renders a landscape but it's not alike. Here is the
script:

# include "colors.inc"
# include "textures.inc"

background {White}

light_source { < 667167, 60000, 4040564 > color White }

camera {
   look_at <667101.25310945, 600, 4042753.78420398 > //easting, elev, northing
   location < 666850, 1000, 4060343 > //easting, elev, northing

   angle  50 // vertical camera aperture
}

height_field  {
   tga "IN\dem.tga"
   smooth

texture {

pigment{
rgb <1,1,1>
}
  finish {           // (---surface finish---)
    ambient 0.3
    brilliance 9
  }
}
   scale < 14000, 50000, 14000 > // dx,dz,dy of extent in meters
   translate  <660575, 0, 4036730> // west_corner, 0, south_corner
}
  sky_sphere {
    pigment {
      gradient y