POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : povray output as a film/CCD Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:34:51 EDT (-0400)
  povray output as a film/CCD (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: spitz
Subject: povray output as a film/CCD
Date: 3 Jul 2012 15:15:01
Message: <web.4ff343d84f92bc799b0928190@news.povray.org>
I'm just wondering if there has been any updates to POV-ray since this 2004
thread in regards to acting as a film/CCD screen...?

http://news.povray.org/povray.newusers/thread/%3C41ab944a@news.povray.org%3E/

Instead of using povray's predefined camera's I would like to use my own stack
of lenses to play with focus and depth of field. Any examples would be extremely
helpful.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm just wondering if there has been any updates to POV-ray since this 2004
> thread in regards to acting as a film/CCD screen...?
>
> http://news.povray.org/povray.newusers/thread/%3C41ab944a@news.povray.org%3E/

Have a look at the new mesh camera feature; it might be of use in such a
context.

Post a reply to this message

Are there any examples using this feature? Maybe a lens projecting the image of
an illuminated 3D scene on the mesh(film/CCD) showing depth of field.

> Am 03.07.2012 21:11, schrieb spitz:
> > I'm just wondering if there has been any updates to POV-ray since this 2004
> > thread in regards to acting as a film/CCD screen...?
> >
> > http://news.povray.org/povray.newusers/thread/%3C41ab944a@news.povray.org%3E/
>
> Have a look at the new mesh camera feature; it might be of use in such a
> context.

Post a reply to this message

> Are there any examples using this feature? Maybe a lens projecting the image of
> an illuminated 3D scene on the mesh(film/CCD) showing depth of field.

I have to hand that question over to the people who have more experience
with the feature; I only know it does exist, with a gut feeling that it
might be relevant for your task.

Post a reply to this message