POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Gamma Settings Server Time
7 Jun 2024 15:00:39 EDT (-0400)
  Gamma Settings (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: JamesB7271
Subject: Gamma Settings
Date: 29 Feb 2012 22:15:00
Message: <web.4f4ee94b37a403b5345179960@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I am new to POV-Ray and have just upgraded from POV-Ray 6 to POV-Ray 7. I notice
now that all my renders seem too bright. As an extreme example: if I render a
simple sphere over a flat plane in a scene that has no light sources, I can
clearly see both the sphere and the plane (although somewhat dimmed). With
version 6 I believe a scene with no light sources would render completely black,
which I think is correct for a scene with no lights. <-(is this a correct
assumption?)

I read that there were some changes made to Gamma settings in version 7? How do
I get it back to normal?

Thanks!
-James

Post a reply to this message

> I am new to POV-Ray and have just upgraded from POV-Ray 6 to POV-Ray 7. I notice
> now that all my renders seem too bright. As an extreme example: if I render a
> simple sphere over a flat plane in a scene that has no light sources, I can
> clearly see both the sphere and the plane (although somewhat dimmed). With
> version 6 I believe a scene with no light sources would render completely black,
> which I think is correct for a scene with no lights. <-(is this a correct
> assumption?)
>
> I read that there were some changes made to Gamma settings in version 7? How do
> I get it back to normal?
>
> Thanks!
> -James

Post a reply to this message