POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : height_fields Server Time
4 Sep 2024 16:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  height_fields (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: klotera
Subject: height_fields
Date: 4 Sep 2002 20:05:10
Message: <web.3d769f5626cc84be295e176c0@news.povray.org>
I have a question about height_fields.. i just learned them the other night
and I have been trying to do different texture options with them (the
actual height-field object, not the reference image) and i've foud I cant
do alot of things, like apply apply a checker or color_map to the pigment.
What is it about the nature of height_fields that causes this?

Post a reply to this message

> I have a question about height_fields.. i just learned them the other night
> and I have been trying to do different texture options with them (the
> actual height-field object, not the reference image) and i've foud I cant
> do alot of things, like apply apply a checker or color_map to the pigment.
> What is it about the nature of height_fields that causes this?

  It would help if you posted a short code which you are trying to make
work and you explained what are you expecting and what it's doing wrong.
From your description alone it's difficult to tell what are the problems
you are having.