POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dumb install question Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Dumb install question (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: petefred
Subject: Dumb install question
Date: 27 Aug 2002 16:50:05
Message: <web.3d6be5ce7bd166d59154fb70@news.povray.org>
It looks like older distributions of povray source had 2 files, povuni_s.tgz
and povuni_d.tgz, but the current one only has s... what happened to d? I
am wondering because I need to use fink to install something requiring
povray as a dependency, but fink keeps looking for the povuni_d.tgz file
that doesn't exist. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Post a reply to this message

"petefred" <pet### [at] itscaltechedu> wrote in message
> It looks like older distributions of povray source had 2 files, povuni_s.tgz

I'd suggest you repost to povray.unix if you don't get a response here (well,
apart from this one, and I don't have the faintest idea what you're talking
about)

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:49:19 -0400, petefred wrote:

> It looks like older distributions of povray source had 2 files,
> povuni_s.tgz and povuni_d.tgz, but the current one only has s... what
> happened to d? I am wondering because I need to use fink to install
> something requiring povray as a dependency, but fink keeps looking for
> the povuni_d.tgz file that doesn't exist. Any ideas? Thanks for the
> help.

The files formerly found in povuni_d.tgz have been consolidated into
povini_d.tgz.  Fink needs updating.

-Mark Gordon