POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Superellipsoid type round edge, but for arbitrary shapes Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  Superellipsoid type round edge, but for arbitrary shapes (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Kaveh
Subject: Superellipsoid type round edge, but for arbitrary shapes
Date: 26 Aug 2002 01:50:03
Message: <web.3d69c07e42c081aa1e1615b30@news.povray.org>
I am trying to create 'wafers' with a small depth, and with rounded edges, a
bit like those created using the superellipsoid command. I can't find a
simple way to do this. I have tried creating one shape by joining three
superellipsoids together, but the result is not perfect. Here is my code:

#include "colors.inc"

#declare roundness = .1;

union{
 superellipsoid {
  <1, roundness>
   translate -x
 }
superellipsoid {
 <.02, roundness>
}
superellipsoid {
 <1, roundness>
  translate x
}
 pigment {
  color Yellow
 }
finish{phong 1}
}

plane{
  z ,2
 pigment {
  color White
 }
}

light_source {<-10,20,-100> color White}

 camera {
    location <-10,10, -30.0>
    look_at  <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
    angle 10