POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : stumped Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  stumped (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Subject: stumped
Date: 10 Nov 2001 09:49:05
Message: <3bed3e61@news.povray.org>
How can I make the beam of light solid - code follows

light_source {
  <-0, 5, 0>
  color rgb <1,1,1>*30
  spotlight
  cylinder
  point_at <0, -10, 0>
  radius .5                // hotspot (inner, in degrees)
  tightness 10            // tightness of falloff (1...100) lower is softer,
higher is tighter
  falloff 3               // intensity falloff radius (outer, in degrees)
   media_interaction on
}
cylinder{y*-10,y*10,1//was2
  pigment {color rgbt 1}