POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : torus and sphere_sweep Server Time
29 Apr 2024 01:53:31 EDT (-0400)
  torus and sphere_sweep (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: kurtz le pirate
Subject: torus and sphere_sweep
Date: 28 Sep 2013 01:51:11
Message: <kurtzlepirate-5C2DCC.07511128092013@news.povray.org>
hello,

do you think it's possible to make a torus with sphere_sweep object ?

--
klp

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: torus and sphere_sweep
Date: 29 Sep 2013 03:15:04
Message: <web.5247d1e83cb86f6f7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] yahoofr> wrote:
> hello,
>

> do you think it's possible to make a torus with sphere_sweep object ?
>

> --
> klp

http://news.povray.org/povray.news-submissions/thread/%3Cweb.52432bc0d8926b7f7a3e03fe0%40news.povray.org%3E/

work on it moves :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 29 Sep 2013 08:26:57
Message: <52481c91$1@news.povray.org>
Le 28/09/2013 07:51, kurtz le pirate nous fit lire :

> hello,
>

> do you think it's possible to make a torus with sphere_sweep object ?

The answer is identical to : is it possible to make circle with spline ?

and with the spline types available in Povray so far, I believe the
answer is no.

You can approximate, but the curvature is not to be identical to a circle.

more details in old posts:

http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3C46F82B31.10308@hotmail.com%3E/