POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Foggy functions Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Foggy functions (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Mark Winter
Subject: Foggy functions
Date: 17 May 2002 03:57:53
Message: <B90A7690.3E1%webelements@sheffield.ac.uk>
Greetings

I've used isosurfaces to display atomic orbitals and animations of them.

The address is http://www.shef.ac.uk/chemistry/orbitron/

What I should like to do though, in addition, is to display them using
variable density "fogs" in which the density of the fog at any point
(representing electron density) is determined by a function (the same
function as the isosurfaces). I can't for the life of me see how to do this
but I'm sure it, or something similar, is possible.

All help gratefully received.

PS - if you look at the site, the animations are quite large 200-300k

--
Dr Mark J Winter
Department of Chemistry, The University, Sheffield S3 7HF, England

WebElements is the periodic table on the world-wide web:
http://www.webelements.com/

The Sheffield Chemdex is a listing of chemistry sites on the world-wide web:
http://www.chemdex.org/

Post a reply to this message