POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make heat flickering? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  How to make heat flickering? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Subject: How to make heat flickering?
Date: 5 Jul 2000 08:27:33
Message: <396329b5@news.povray.org>
Hi again,

is it possible to make or fake some heat flickering in pov? I think in real
life the flickering happens because of different IORs of the 'surfaces'
between air at different temperatures - that is probably not possible in
pov, is it?
So, how to fake this? I tried already a normal on an object with filter 1,
but nothing appeared ...

Thanks,
Marc-Hendrik

Post a reply to this message