POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Curved text Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:14:53 EDT (-0400)
  Curved text (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Paul Mitchell
Subject: Curved text
Date: 16 Sep 2001 10:20:02
Message: <3BA4B603.4000602@ntlworld.com>
Hi,

I want to arrange some text on (part of) a circle, and the only way I
can see to do it is to rotate the coordiantes slightly after each
letter. Obviously the exact amount of rotation required will depend on
the letter.

Now I could do this by trial and error, but before I emabark on a whole
load of fiddling, is there a better way that I just haven't spotted?

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

>I want to arrange some text on (part of) a circle, and the only way I
>can see to do it is to rotate the coordiantes slightly after each
>letter. Obviously the exact amount of rotation required will depend on
>the letter.
>
>Now I could do this by trial and error, but before I emabark on a whole
>load of fiddling, is there a better way that I just haven't spotted?

The POV 3.5 betas come with a built-in "CircleText()" macro and an
example file called "circletext.pov" that does this.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

I've got the beta and it look like it does exactly what I want.